Tuesday, March 25, 2008

How we met....

Hi! So Matt and I are very new to this blogging thing. So sorry if it is a little rough at first. So here is a little back story on us.....We actually met at the end of 2005 when he came back home from his mission. I was living with Misty at the time and we randomly threw a Halloween party. Well Matt was part of a rap posse called The Fabulous Flowells and they performed at our house that night. I thought they were awesome! Matt and I never really talked though. I think that Misty introduced us and we both said hi, but that was the end of that. At the end of the Spring school semester in 2006 I decided to go home to Hawthorne for the summer, but the day before I left I decided that I wanted to see the band Twenty Mule Team that Misty had been raving about. It was an awesome acoustic show!! And sure enough Matt was the drummer, but I didn't think anything of it. I just remember the guys in the band were some pretty cool guys. Then I came back after the summer was over and Misty and I saw that Myspace was giving away free tickets to see the Killers here in Vegas!!!! So OF COURSE she and I and Katie and Katie's lil bro stood in line at Tower Records EARLY in the morning to get our free tickets. Come to find out Katie and her lil bro could not go to the concert and it was that same night. So Misty had already picked Timmy to go with us. But we still had one ticket. In my mind I wanted to ask Matt because he was so intriguing to me. He seemed so nice and he was so gifted with music which is so awesome! Well Misty went down a list of guys that we could take and I was secretly hoping that she would say his name. And the last name she mentioned was his name. And I was like YES!!! Lets ask Matt if he will go!!!! She called him and he said yes. I came to find out later that he really wasn't into The Killers, but he wanted to go because I was going to be there. ;) That night was seriously so amazing!!! It seriously felt so magical!!!! And after that night we never stopped hanging out. Getting to know Matt was simply amazing! He seriously is such an amazing person. We finally started "officially" dating on September 5, 2006. He proposed to me on January 29, 2007 and we were sealed in the Las Vegas Temple on April 14, 2007. I am so greatful that I have Matt! He is so wonderful! I could not ask for a better Husband and Best Friend! Well that is a little bit about our story. More to come in the future!!! :)

4 comments:

elopingcamel said...

Hey hey hey! I'm the first to comment!

Welcome to the world of Bloggidia. I'll be your tourguide, and I never ever shower.

Sara said...

Hi friends!

It looks like you never really got into the blogging thing, so i don't know if you'll ever get this. But if you do, check out our blog...

forevertheyoungfamily.blogspot.com

Ryan & Sara Young

Misty said...

Welcome to Blogdom! Isn't it nice? I've read your first entry and one thing has become really obvious and I want to say thank you... It's very sweet of you to name your firstborn after me. My name has served me well as I'm sure it will with your future daughter/son. Love you both!

The Crazy Lady said...

You'll get in shape if you keep bloggercizing... LoL. I just caught up today. Keep it up!