Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Sweet Niece Brinley

We have recently found out that our sweet little niece Brinley has Leukemia. It was a really hard realization for our family especially for Brinley's parents, Matt's sister and brother-in-law. Brinley is one of the sweetest little girls around and it is really sad that this has happend to her. Throughout this process she has had various doctor visits, scheduled and ER visits, many medications, broken bones, mood changes, new eating habits and still her parents are pressing on. I truly and honestly feel priveledge to know Kristin and David. They are such incredibly strong people. Many people would get mad and cry "why us? why our baby? how could you do this to us?" Kristin and David have taken this situation head on with the Savior right by their side. They are such great examples of charity, patience, and faith. They are dealing with what was handed to them and instead of being angry they are being faithful and know that Heavenly Father has a plan for them and this is just a part of the plan for them. They truly are admirable people. On top of having to deal with a child with cancer, Kristin has two other girls and she is pregnant! Which to me makes Kristin even more of an amaing person! I am so greatful for Kristin and David's examples to me. I am so greatful for the gospel in my life! I seriously cannot express that enough. The gospel is truly beautiful! Heavenly Father loves us so much and it is such a wonderful feeling to have constantly. Before I joined the church I always knew and heard that Heavenly Father loved us, but I had never been encircled by his love before until I joined the church. He truly does love us so much. I am so greatful to have such a loving Heavenly Father. I am also so incredibly greatful for our Savior's love. I have needed his love and his shoulder to cry on various times in my life and he is always there for me. I am so greatful for all of the family members that Matt and I have that are such great examples of charity, patience and faith. Heavenly Father's works are truly beautiful.

3 comments:

Misty said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Brinley! How are her treatments and such going? How long has all this been going on? I feel so out of the loop...

John Hanks said...

Glad you guys have a blog. Now I can keep up with you! :)

java diva said...

I will be praying for Brinley and her family. Sounds like you have wonderful and amazing sister/brother in laws! :)
I look forward to getting to know you more through your blog! Keep on posting!